Tools to Lighten the Burden
January 19th, 2017 6:00pm
Dinner Meeting 1 hour CPE
Prestonwood Country Club
Surviving an IRS Audit
Paul Tew, Senior Manager
Dixon Hughes Goodman
While with the IRS, Tew spent the majority of his time as a revenue agent and team manager working in the international tax area, focusing on the examination of mid-size and large corporate entities with significant cross-border transactions.
· How to interact with IRS auditors to ensure your rights as a taxpayer are upheld.
· See your “Taxpayer Bill of Rights”.
· Understand the importance and extent of the IRS Internal Revenue Manual (IRM) that defines the responsibilities of auditors.
· Learn “10 Questions to Ask Your IRS Auditor” that can improve the efficiency and cycle time of your audit.
· Some common miscommunication a taxpayer may hear from IRS auditors.